03 Mar EOS Group capability on show at IDEX 2021
21 to 25 February 2021
The EOS team had a very busy week exhibiting at IDEX 2021, the largest international Defence Exhibition and Conference in the Middle East. EOS exhibited a unique selection of remote weapon systems, directed energy, satellite communications and space products.
Featured at the EOS stand:
- A n Al Jasoor Rabdan 8×8 wheeled infantry fighting vehicle with an EOS R800S heavy duty RWS mounting a MK44s cannon, a M240 GPMG and a Javelin ATM launcher
- An EOS R400S Mk 2 RWS (marine single configuration) mounting an AEI Systems VENOM LR 30mm cannon
- A Milanion AGEMA unmanned ground vehicle (UGV) with an EOS R400S Mk 2 (dual configuration) RWS mounting a M230LF chain gun, a 7.62mm GPMG and a Javelin ATM launcher
- An EOS Directed Energy Effector, a 26kW derivative of high power laser systems applied in the space domain
EOS also showcased its products at the following stands:
- NIMR: On an AJBAN vehicle with an EOS R400S Mk 2 (single configuration) RWS mounting the Dillon Aero 503D 12.7mm Gatling gun
- MILREM: An EOS R400S Mk 2 (single configuration) RWS mounted with the M230LF
- Milanion: On an AGEMA UGV with the R400S Mk 2 (dual configuration) RWS mounting the M230LF chain gun and a 7.62mm GPMG
- Tawazun: A Milanion AGEMA UGV with an EOS R150S mounting a 12.7mm gun and an EOS R150S with mock 14.5mm weapon
Over at NAVDEX 2021, a Naval defence and maritime security exhibition run concurrently with IDEX, EOS’ RWS were featured at:
- Abu Dhabi Ship Building (ADSB): On a MESBAR fast patrol boat with an EOS R400S Mk 2 (single marine configuration) mounting the M230LF chain gun
- Al Fattan Ship Industry (AFSI): On a 16m fast patrol boat with an EOS R400S Mk 2 (single marine configuration) mounting a M230LF chain gun and an 80m Al Saadiyat Landing Craft with two EOS R400S Mk2 (single marine configuration) mounting M230LF chain guns.
COMMUNICATIONS & SPACE
EOS develops and provides global satellite communications products, systems and services. We specialise in innovative optical, microwave and on-the-move radio and satellite systems that deliver high speed, resilient and assured connectivity for the most critical applications.
The Cobra 1M X/Ka triband maritime satellite terminal was on display at the EOS stand.
EOS designs, manufactures and operates electro optic systems for securing space. For 35 years EOS has been at the forefront of satellite tracking and space domain awareness.
At the stand EOS displayed a model telescope as a basic representation of our 1m and 1.8m aperture telescopes. A 1m aperture telescope is 3m tall and provides superb tracking smoothness and excellent image quality. Find out more.